Many of you have asked what are some of my go to items during pregnancy, so here they are! This being my third pregnancy in three years, I have I definitely have seen a pattern for each of them. Below I am sharing my most commonly used products and things that I found that have helped me through some of the not always pleasant symptoms of this magical time. Not including Belly Band, long tanks, leggings and comfortable shoes.. Those are also a must for me.
- Vitamins / Prenatal vitamins are pretty well known to be the first thing to start using while trying to conceive or when expecting. But I have to say vitaFusion Prenatal Gummy vitamins have been my personal choice. DHA, Folic Acid and a Multivitamin in one. They also come in citrus flavors, so for me made it easier to ingest when feeling a little queasy during the first trimester.
- Citrus / Lemons are another first trimester must have for me. For as much water moms to be are required to drink is sometimes difficult when your struggling to keep food down. We often have fresh lemon and I also keep a bottle of this Organic Santa Cruz Pure Lemon Juice around, a tiny splash in a glass of water and it’s helped settle my stomach in minutes. Allowing me to hydrate as needed and also eat. A great tumbler to use that functional and trendy, check out these from MBC.
- Preggie Pops / This last pregnancy I discovered Preggie Pop Drogs. These yummy candies are made with Brown Rice syrup and cane juice. Definitely helped me through the first few months when the unexpected queasiness came along while we are out and about or first thing in the morning. You can find them here.
- Chia Seeds / Need a natural energy boost during the dragging first trimester. These tiny seeds are high in protein, fiber, calcium, antioxidants, and omega-3s. Providing amazing, sustainable energy. I don’t know if every woman feels this way during the first tri but I always feel like a walking zombie. And this pregnancy with two young boys at home, a move and a new puppy I felt it the most. I never thought I’d come out of it. But now I’ve got a good routine of fruit infused water and chia seeds, definitely a necessity for this mama! Did you read my prior blog post about my new found love for chia seeds. You can find that here. Add two table spoons of chia seeds to 12oz of water for a morning or even midday pick me up!
- Craving / Strawberries and chocolate have been my craving and guilty please during each of my pregnancies.
- Aches / A heating pad seems to be one of my comfort necessities during those times of back aches when your body start to stretch. Along with warm bubble baths. Mine is from Target.
- Tea / I enjoy a variety of teas. But during pregnancy I especially like Traditional Medicals Organic Pregnancy Herbal Tea. Supporting a healthy pregnancy. Used by woman around the world to tone uterine muscles, provide nourishment and prepare womb for childbirth.
- Essential Oils / I used numerous essential oils in daily life but during pregnancy I have been selective about the ones I expose myself and baby to. Valor Essential Oil aligns physical, mental and emotional energies. I have experienced balance while using this during hormone highs when diffused. Also is great for aches and soreness when mixed with carrier oil and used topically. Make sure to always consult a physician prior to incorporating any essential oils during pregnancy and nursing. Comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a little more information on this or how to take the step to living more simply with essential oils.
- Face / Some days I’m too beat to do my nightly routine or even on my very frequent no make up days I need a little freshening up. These Shine Makeup Remover Cloths are fabulous! Wipe away the makeup of the day, even waterproof mascara. 36 cloths made with sunflowers and olive oils, jojoba, vitamin E and Rosema making these more than just a make up remover but a nourishing refresher for your skin. These wonders will be making their way into my labor bag for sure.
- Oil / I can go on and on about my love Coconut oil. I use for it countless things not only during pregnancy. But these uses are specifically useful while expecting. Rub from breasts to thighs to prevent stretch marks and itchiness from skin stretching by growth of baby. Decrease cellulite. Some woman get the full pregnancy glow while some get dull skin and hair. Coconut oil is a great deep conditioning treatment or can be used daily on ends for dry hair. For stretch mark prevention and treatment I also use this Mustela Oil.
- Heartburn & Acid Reflux / I discovered with my last pregnancy Kingsley how effective using Chewable Papaya Enzyme was for my ongoing all day long acid reflux. I could barely look down, let alone bend over or pick up Jameson without wanting to regurgitate everything I recently ate or drank that day prior to using these. 100% natural digestive aid. Wonderful for heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion. Try these in place of Tums! While I say I’ve never found a cure all for this pregnancy symptom especially for the middle of the third trimester, these have been a huge reliever.
- Lip / I get dry everything during pregnancy. But my lips most specifically. This C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve has been one of my favorites ever since working at Bath and Body Works in college. I keep a tin everywhere. Great for lips, cuticles, elbows and knees! But really is useful to help ease any irritation. Conditions the skin.
- Comfort / It’s kind of funny. I was gifted this pregnancy pillow during while expecting Jameson our first son I used it from 12 weeks until he was born. I my second pregnancy with Kingsley I brought it out around 18 weeks. And now at 27 weeks with our third son Lennox I’m just not getting it out. I’m not sure if I’m just used to the uncomfortable/sleepless nights or what but I think it’s definitely crucial for the third trimester. But if a pregnant mama needs a big pillow to snuggle with to get a good nights sleep, by all means sleep with it from conception till birth because not much sleeping will be happening once your precious baby arrives. I own Tungus Leacho Preggle Comfort Air Flow Body Pillow, it is contoured for tummy and back support, knee and hip elevation. Also firm head and neck cushioning. I’ve even used it postpartum to get in comfortable position while nursing. You can find this one at Toy’s R Us.
- App / Although I’ve been known to have multiple pregnancy/baby apps on my phone to keep track of stages and pregnancy progression but I have to say I’ve enjoyed this Sprout App the most. This app guides you through pregnancy and also has many categories so you can journal your personal experience as well.
While many of these items aren’t crucial to enduring pregnancy, I have certainly found them to be useful and comforting.
If you are planning to breastfeed I recommend this book to any expecting moms – The Complete Book of Breastfeeding. Definitely a good read to dig into before babe arrives.
Pregnancy is such a beautiful experience. To be apart of creation. Love and cherish this time period of physical, mental and emotional growth for you and your family! Best wishes to all expecting mamas out there.
Now 27 weeks with baby Lennox. Love you so much precious boy of mine.