Thanks so much for letting me take over your blog today, Kristle! I’m Kerry and I blog over at XO Kerry. I’m a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay-at-home mom to 4.5 month old Parker Grace. I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and blog about our family adventures, recipes and motherhood!
I’m here to talk about what to pack in your hospital bag. I posted a similar post on my blog before I had Parker and I’d like to think I have a little more experience now! I didn’t even consider the fact that I might be in the hospital for 5 days or need an emergency c-section! It’s also good to remember that you will still look 5-6 months pregnant a day or two after giving birth. So don’t pack your jeans! With that said here is what you should pack:
- nursing tank tops
- comfortable nursing bra (no wires)
- maternity leggings (or high-rise non maternity leggings)
- yoga pants
- flip flops for showering or walking around the halls
- light weight robe or cardigan
- nursing gown, hospital provided gowns are hard to nurse in!
- toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo/conditioner, soap, extra hair ties, deodorant, lotion)
- blow dryer (I didn’t take one and I wish I had!)
- going home outfit (I wore my maternity leggings, tunic and a button-up comfy flannel)
For your hubby:
- 1 change of clothes
- sweatshirt (hospital rooms get chilly)
- toiletries (tooth brush, deodorant)
- cell phone + charger
- iPad or Kindle for down time
Remember, don’t over-pack! Your husband will have to lug all your bags down to the car along with all the gifts and flowers you will be receiving 🙂 The hospital will provide everything you need for baby, sanitary pads, underwear, and even Lanolin if you need it. Make sure you take all the extras when you leave! I took all the mesh undies and all the extra pads. The mesh underwear is amazing. I wore it for a week after my c-section!
I wish I had a nice photo of me all made up, hair done holding my newborn but this is real life – 3 days in labor, no shower, all drugged up happiness!